Los Angeles, CA
Are you thinking about improving you career development and your professional growth? We invite you to join our successful logistics organization! Commodity Forwarders is looking for a full time Warehouse Lead to fill a position within our operations department. This is a salary non-exempt position with a salary wage between $22 – 27/hr. This is an excellent opportunity to join our Los Angeles Branch.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Prioritize the warehouse workflow for both inbound and outbound cargo movements to insure the smooth flow of cargo and customer satisfaction.
- Take a proactive approach to minimize potential claims.
- Promote a work environment where shifts work in conjunction to maximize productivity, cooler capacity, and efficiency.
- Make sure all work completed meets Commodity Forwarders quality standards and keep claims and damage to a minimum.
- Make sure all necessary reports and records are complete, timely, and accurate.
- Make sure all Freight forwarding activities abide by all government laws and regulations at origin and destination.
- Complete tasks requested from each department in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for cleanliness, sanitation, compliance and any other general warehouse or cooler upkeep that is necessary to maintain Food safety and OSHA standards as directed by the warehouse management.
- Enforce adherence to Policies and Procedures.
- Follow procedures that minimize compliance violations for TSA, USDA, FDA etc.
- All cut-off’s for air freight and trucking are achieved.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Eligible to work in the US and pass TSA background check
- 1-2 years of warehouse experience
- 1-2 years of forklift experience
- Bilingual –English and Spanish is a plus
- Able to lift 35 lbs.
- Able to stand on your feet for an 8–10-hour shift.
- Able to complete freight forwarding forms and documents.
Work environment is fast paced; multi-tasking and handling high-pressure situations is preferred. We are a 24 hr. and 7-day operation business depending on the season – weekend and holiday coverage may be required.
- Cold Storage
- 0–15-degree freezers
- 28–39-degree coolers.
- 40-55-degree loading docks.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer a great compensation package, medical, dental, and retirement benefits package, tuition reimbursement, and a dynamic global work environment. At Commodity Forwarders Inc., we strive daily to transport perishable products worldwide, while exceeding expectations through our people, network and technology.
Commodity Forwarders Los Angeles address:
11101 S La Cienega Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90045